Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life Passes you by

If you don't jump in and take life by the horns it will pass you by. Unfortunately I have been sitting by the sidelines for quite some time now and I've missed some very important things in my life, my friends lives and my families lives. I am trying to remember when I actually enjoyed life and it was prior to 1998. 1997 was a significant year as it was the year I turned 21, it was the year I bought a brand new car all on my own and it was the year my grandma had died. Ya there were things after the year 1997 that I remember but I'm not sure I was fully invested in that.  Life for me was pretty good up until then however I didn't realize how good I had it. Life was completely turned around for me in November 1997. I became somewhat numb to things around me and didn't fully invest my time or emotions into my friends and family. I'm not sure how I've spent the last 14 years of my life. I'm not sure I have a lot that I can account for except the many lessons through the years of messing up relationships.  I will look to the future and use the past as a guide to not make the same mistakes in the future. Yeah I'm sure I will make more mistakes, but knowing what I know now will help to minimize those mistakes.  I thought I was trucking along pretty well and then 9/11 happened and any feelings I had were completely lost at that point. I think I was going through the motions of life but not living life. Now years later I'm re-entering life and apparently people are blogging- so that is what I am doing :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up, Ang. :)

    I think everyone has felt like this a time or two (or a million, in my case) in their lives. It takes such discipline to be present in the Here and Now. It's something I work towards daily... Know that you're not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lisa :) I just am not sure what happened to the many years since I started working at Gateway- I was lost but am glad I am somewhat found now!

    ReplyDelete